Currently, people are replacing traditional gyms with home gyms. When someone is talking about home gyms, the name Bowflex always comes to our mind. Bowflex is mainly known for its dumbbell set and all-in-one gym equipment. Although Bowflex is a reputed brand and sells the best product in this article, we have covered the best alternatives to Bowflex. Later, we will also discuss why you need other alternatives.
After the COVID-19 Pandemic, the majority of people are seeking to build their home gym to improve their health and save money in the long run. Moreover, a home gym has also become a sign of luxury.
Therefore, people seek to buy the best home gym equipment that is cost-friendly, high-quality, and beneficial. There are fewer brands like Total Gym that you can rely on. So let’s dive into the article to learn about Bowflex.
Bowflex Alternatives: An Overview
- Total Gym Apex – The Best Bowflex Alternative.
- Ideal for high-intensity interval training (HIIT).
- Horizon Peak Trainer – Elliptical Styled Trainer.
- Power Block Elite – Selecttech’s Best Alternative Dumbbells.
- XMark XM – Adjustable Dumbbells
1. Total Gym – Best Stream-Based Bowflex Alternatives
There is no doubt that Total Gym is a substitute brand for BowFlex. Total Gym has been a top-leading brand offering a wide range of equipment since 1974. This brand wants to have a lot of gym equipment, like rowers, strength machines, full-body workout machines, and so on, for people to use.
The company has achieved remarkable growth due to its futuristic approach and high-quality products. If you want to buy the best alternative to BowFlex, you must try Total Gym products. Total Gym’s Apex G5 is my favorite streaming-based strength training machine.
The Advantages of Total Gym Apex G5
- What makes the Total Gym Apex G5 so special is its high-quality approach, competitive price, and amazing features.
- You can perform dynamic workouts with ten different resistance levels while streaming live. The price is also affordable.
- It’s perfect if you want better focus and a full-body workout.
Pros And Cons
- It offers ten resistance levels.
- live streaming option.
- budget-friendly price.
- Full-body workouts.
- Mind-blowing features.
- high-quality machine.
- None of them.
2. Bowflex Max Trainer Alternatives
ProForm HIIT Trainer
The ProForm HIIT Trainer is one of the best max trainer alternatives from the Bowflex brand. It is the closest trainer to the Bowflex in terms of design, benefits, and layout. Unlike Bowflex trainers, you can do upper and lower body motions due to its elliptical style framing.
However, there are some differences, like Bowflex focuses more on upper body motion, and Proform is a vertical elliptical trainer. Therefore, it feels like climbing in motion. Thus, it should be a great option rather than stair stepper motion.
Apart from motion, ProFrom is almost the same as Bowflex. It helps you lose weight by burning calories. Currently, ProForm is available in two models ranging between $999 and $1,399 plus free shipping.
Features Of ProForm
- ProFrom is compatible with iFit.
- You can take running or climbing trails.
- Track your progress.
- Amazing and enjoyable features to make workouts easy.
- Reliable cost.
Pros And Cons
- Much less expensive than the Bowflex with comparable features.
- Overall, the best for lower and upper body workouts.
- You can take fitness classes.
- Free Shipping.
- Compact design.
- Glide non-adjustable.
- I need some improvements.
Horizon Peak Trainer
The Horizon Peak Trainer is another substitute for the Bowflex trainer. Likewise, ProForm and Horizon also offer HIIT workouts. It comes with a compact and convenient upper-body elliptical style arm. However, it is more comfortable than the standard elliptical, with a good foot pedal size of 46 inches by 28 inches.
Horizon Peak Trainer offers in-built HIIT workout programs to perform less and get more. Moreover, the base price is attractive at only $999. You can track your progress, and this makes it a decent alternative to Max Trainer. The only downside is that you will get fewer resistance levels in Horizon. However, if it doesn’t matter, then Horizon Peak is a good alternative.
Horizon Peak Trainer – Benefits
- The price of the Horizon Trainer is pretty good.
- It is a low-impact machine.
- Provide a variety of HIIT workouts.
- It will help you lose weight without much effort.
Pros And Cons
- Built-in 20-minute workout
- effective workout machine for weight loss.
- Backlit console
- Low-impact machine
- ellipticals that are more advanced than standard ellipticals
- The screen console size is small.
- The warranty period is also shorter.
Bowflex Dumbbell Alternatives:
Bowflex Selecttech Dumbbells come in round plate designs, but model number 560 has a square design. Bowflex weight plates are made of metal and covered with plastic. Due to its round shape, if it falls or drops accidentally, it may cause serious injuries. In the following paragraphs, we have covered the best Bowflex Selecttech alternatives that you can add to your home gym.
1. PowerBlock Elite Dumbbell Adjustable
The PowerBlock adjustable dumbbell is the best Bowflex Selecttech Stand Alternative available on the market. PowerBlock has a square shape. Weight plates are made of heavy-duty steel material and coated with powder.
You can add or reduce weight by up to 2.5–5 pounds. However, the maximum weight capacity is 90 pounds. PowerBlock offers a dial lock for the safety of the user. The PowerBlock is a very convenient piece of equipment for muscle building and strength training. It has magnetic selector pins for the locking system.
Features of PowerBlock Dumbbells
- They are nicely constructed.
- A dial lock helps add or remove weights.
- Weight can be changed safely thanks to the selector pin.
- It is secured from falling or damage from dropping.
Pros And Cons
- 10-year warranty coverage.
- compact in design.
- Worth the price.
- A dumbbell stand is not included.
- They don’t look like traditional dumbbells.
2. XMark XM Fitness Adjustable Dumbbell Set
The X Mark is a top-rated fitness dumbbell. They are high-quality, circular-designed dumbbells made of steel. It might be the best alternative to Bowflex Dumbbells at quite a cheaper cost. You can quickly change weight. Its handle alone is 10 pounds. With each 10-pound plate, you can add up to 50 pounds of weight.
X Mark When performing various exercises, maintain a firm grip and keep it from dropping.It has a storage tray similar to Bowflex and its shape also looks like Bowflex Dumbbells. So, you must try X Mark Dumbbells if you don’t want to purchase a Bowflex.
Benefits Of X Mark
- You can increase the weight plates.
- It has weight settings that are easily adjustable.
- X Mark’s ensures the safety of the user.
- effective for various exercises.
- It’s a lot less expensive than buying individual dumbbells.
Pros And Cons
- high-quality dumbbells.
- It doesn’t require any add-ons.
- It comes with a storage tray.
- long handle.
Why Should You Look For Bowflex Alternatives?
We all know that Bowflex is the top leading brand of Nautilus. Nautilus is the parent company of Bowflex. Bowflex Company is located in Washington, D.C. This company sells almost every piece of gym equipment that you can imagine. However, there are a few reasons why you should consider Bowflex substitute equipment.
Some companies indeed have some issues with their equipment, which is why they recall it for improvement. In the case of Bowflex, the biggest recall happened in 2004 when thousands of pieces of equipment were recalled from all over the world for safety reasons.
However, in the years 2007 and 2009, the company replaced 70,000 pieces of home equipment. That is the biggest reason to consider the alternative.
Needless to say, price is another big reason why one should look for a Bowflex substitute. Although Bowflex has a wide variety of outlets, most of them are not affordable for everyone. Their strength and cardio equipment starts at $1,500.
Bowflex has an A-plus rating because of its parent company, but there are fewer reviews on the official website of Bowflex. Another point is, although this company has been in existence since the 80’s, it is still not accredited.
Bowflex is offering a wide range of home gym equipment with special features. They offer resistance training machines, ankle cuffs, bench presses, and more, but it does not always feature. You must be looking for something specific while buying a piece of equipment.
Frequently asked questions
What is comparable to Bowflex?
At present, ProFrom HIIT models, ProFrom HIIT, and ProFrom HIIT Pro Trainer are the most comparable models to Bowflex. They are more affordable than the Bowflex models that come with iFit compatibility.
Is PowerBlock better than Bowflex?
PowerBlock is the closest equipment to Bowflex. Both of them look identical, have the same weight capacity and similar weight ranges. However, due to the slightly greater range increment, Powerblock is the better option.
What is comparable to Bowflex Dumbbells?
Nordic Speed, Weight Adjustable, and PowerBlock are similar products to Bowflex in style, design, and weight ranges.
The Bottom Line
So those are five of the best Bowflex alternatives that we have listed after conducting in-depth research and trials. Each piece of equipment mentioned above is separately reviewed and tested by our experts. The rest of the decision is yours. If you want to try something new from the Bowflex home gym equipment range, the above option might be the best for your home gym.
They are all affordable and durable pieces of equipment. However, we recommend Bowflex Home for strength training, Iron Master for heavier weights, and PowerBlock Elite for buying. Furthermore, we also suggest reading as much as you can before making a decision.